The west coast of this Island is unforgettable! There is a rich, strong culture here in Cape Breton, historically and musically, and life unwinds at its own special pace.
Although a three-day visit is not uncommon, a week is what it takes to really get a sense of the rhythms and charm of Cape Breton. This is a spectacular place, and you'll find the scenery on this stretch of coastline particularly striking.
• People here are friendly and easy to meet.
• You'll find lots of easy (or challenging) hiking within thirty minutes of here.
• We overlook Chimney Corner beach, which is one of the finest on the island. There are two other great beaches (with swimmable ocean temps) within five minutes of the cottages.
• Cape Breton is world-renowned for its musical tradition, and there are lots of places to experience it–pubs, concert halls, and outdoor venues.
• There are restaurants, markets and grocery stores located from five to twenty minutes away from our location.
• We are five minutes from the world-famous Cabot Trail; thirty minutes north is the renowned Cape Breton Highlands National Park with trails, lookoffs, wildlife and waterfalls.
• The town of Inverness (twenty minutes away) has music, pubs and the acclaimed new Cabot Cliffs/Cabot Links golf courses by the sea.
• There are renowned crafters in the area (Bell is one of them!): interesting pottery, quilts, hooked rugs and glassworks can all be found in studios, shops and galleries.